These delicious white chicken lasagna roll-ups are thin-slices of pasta filled with delicious Alfredo sauce and shredded tender chicken, plus some generous amount of cheddar cheese and mozzarella on top. They are creamy and so easy to make, plus it’s a low-calorie version of the regular lasagna roll-ups!
THE CREAMIEST WHITE CHICKEN LASAGNA ROLL UPS
Today we are cooking something different from the regular lasagna. Something that I love preparing very often. I love preparing it no matter what season it is!
We all love some creamy, cheesy pasta dish – and when we are talking about cheese, what about a creamy white chicken lasagna? With tender shredded chicken, a generous amount of cheddar cheese, homemade alfredo sauce, and some sour cream. Yummy Yummy Yummy!
Why you should try making these white chicken lasagna roll-ups?
- Everyone that likes having an alfredo pasta dish also loves these delicious lasagna roll-ups.
- Cheese lovers? This is the right recipe for you!
- It’s a creative change for the regular high-calorie lasagna roll-ups made with beef.
- The leftovers can be stored in the fridge and reheated in the microwave or oven.
- Plus, you can use the leftover chicken that you have and prepare these delicious lasagna roll-ups!
What ingredients are in this white chicken lasagna?
- chicken breast – you can use leftover chicken or quickly boil one for these roll-ups.
- sour cream – preferably using one that’s thicker.
- lasagna sheets
- for the white sauce – butter, flour, milk, white cheddar cheese, Vegeta (vegetable stock, or chicken stock), and some garlic powder. (I prefer adding Vegeta as it adds a lot more flavor to the dish, and not just to this one but everything else I am cooking.
How to make these chicken lasagna roll-ups? + best tips and practices
These chicken lasagna roll-ups are so easy to make! But at the same time, they look so fancy, even if you are not a professional when it comes to cooking! You wouldn’t need any skills to make these as it will be so easy by just following the recipe and the measurements.
1. It’s recommended to start by boiling the chicken and the lasagna in two separate pots, covered with water.
2. Once they are cooked, set them aside to cool down and prep the sauce. I usually like to prep all the ingredients for the sauce while the chicken and lasagnas are boiling.
3. Roll the lasagnas and save some of the sauce on the top so the cheese can stick on top.
4. Bake, first wish aluminum foil, and then take the foil out so the roll-ups can get some golden color on top.
White Chicken Lasagna Roll-UpsCourse: Main CourseCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
These delicious white chicken lasagna roll-ups are thin-slices of pasta filled with delicious Alfredo sauce and shredded tender chicken.
2 chicken breast
8 lasagna rolls
100g sour cream
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
100g white cheddar cheese
3 tsp Vegeta (vegetable seasoning)
1 tbsp oil
- In a small pot, add 3 cups of water and add the lasagna in. Add some salt and boil for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another pot with 2 cups of water and boil the chicken for 15 minutes
- In another pan, melt the butter and add the four and the garlic powder in, fry that for 1 minute while constantly stirring. Then add the milk and the Vegeta. Once the milk becomes hot, add the shredded cheddar cheese in and mix until all the cheese has melted and the mixture is thickened.
- Leave a couple of tbsp from the sauce to use as a topping. Shred the chicken breast and add it to the rest of the sauce.
- Place the lasagna rolls on cutting board or any other flat surface and add 1 tbsp sour cream on each, spreading it on the entire length of the lasagna. Then add the chicken alfredo sauce, and add 1 tbsp cheddar cheese on each lasagna.
- Roll up and transfer to the baking dish, with the seam-side down. Add the plain alfredo sauce on each roll and sprinkle more cheddar cheese on top. Plus, add the oil.
- Cover it with aluminum foil and bake on a preheated oven on 390F /200C for 20 minutes then, take the foil out and bake for another 5 minutes.