Whipped coffee – this creamy and smooth coffee made with only 3 ingredients would become your love at first sip and probably your favorite coffee house treats this summer. If you’ve been wondering how to make a fancy whipped coffee, then this recipe is for you!
I am not a big fan of strong caffeine coffees, but as soon as I saw this whipped trend on social media, I jumped over in my kitchen and tried to make one.
And to be honest, it didn’t disappoint me at all. It was delicious.
Maybe it looks like any other coffee, but it really is special. It has a frothy, creamy, and sweet consistency that kind of reminds me of fancy barista coffee.
I’ve made frappe coffee, which is similar to this, but the cream on the frappe is bubbly and not creamy like it is on the whisked coffee or Dalgona Coffee like they call it in South Korea.
I made my first whipped coffee using a regular whisk, and it came together in minutes. But now, I like to pour the ingredients directly into a glass and whisk them with an electric milk frother. Then I pour the milk little by little in the glass, so the milk goes on the bottom, and the whipping cream floats up.
You can also make one with a hand mixer, which is one of the easiest solutions. But here’s the regular and most fun way of making this whipped coffee recipe!
How to prepare whipped coffee cream?
The recipe is simple: 1:1:1 or 1 tbsp of each coffee, sugar, and water. I think that the 1 + ½ is enough for 1 serving. But you can easily double or triple the recipe depending on how you like your coffee.
When you first start whisking, it would look like a concentration of instant coffee. After whisking for a while, you will notice that the consistency will start to rise and become even lighter in color.
Once you get a thick and light brown texture, the cream is ready.
Best ingredients to use for whipped coffee
- Make sure that you are using instant coffee, not coffee mixed with powdered milk or anything similar to that. For this recipe, I was using Nescafe Instant coffee powder.
- There are different variations of the coffee that I will explain in the section below, but you can use cold or hot milk, and there’s not a big difference. You can switch between both of them, depending on how you like to drink your coffee.
Whipped coffee variations
The preparation of these whipped coffee variations is not so different from each other. You can easily make each of them as the process is pretty similar.
Classic Dalgona whipped coffee – is the ultimate whipped coffee recipe that is in the recipe below.
Dalgona Coffee Choco is a weird version, but it tastes delicious, especially it is a must-try for cocoa lovers.
The Choco version is created the same as the classic whipped coffee. Just at the end, after you are finished whisking, you add 1tsp cocoa, which makes the cream darker and adds cocoa flavor to the coffee. It may sound like a silly combination, but it is really worth giving it a try.
Dalgona Iced Cappa- This is also one delicious variation, especially for the summer days. The whipped cream is prepared the same; you add ice to your glass, pour over the milk, and spoon the cream on top.
How to make whipped coffee, 3 ingredients onlyCourse: DrinksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
A delicious, smooth and rich whipped coffee prepared with only 3 ingredients – instant coffee, sugar and water.
4 tbsp instant coffee powder
4 tbsp white sugar
4 tbsp water
10 oz milk
- Pour the instant coffee powder, the sugar and the water in a medium bowl
- Whisk the consistency from 5-10 minutes. You can use a whisk, hand mixer or stand mixer for a frappe coffee mixer (frother). You will know that the cream is ready once you get fluffy and lighter, thickened consistency.
- Pour the whipping coffee cream over the hot milk and enjoy it!