These Twix Cookies are seriously the best chocolate caramel treat topped on yummy crusty shortbread! You can pair these easy Twix chocolate caramel cookies with a glass of your favorite milk and you’ll have a delicious dessert prepared in an hour!
Can you imagine that Twix cookies have the same taste that the store-bought Twix bars have?
And maybe even better after a couple of hours or the next day because the caramel blends with the cookie dough that you can’t resist having only 1, yummy!
Why are these twix cookies so good?
-they taste exactly like the Twix bars you’ve tried before and even better as you can customize them a little bit.
– kids like them served with milk
– perfect for parties and evens to bake the day ahead and store
Ingredients used in these delicious twix cookies:
– butter, preferably room temperature, but if it’s not, you can use greeted butter
–granulated sugar, or you can also use powdered sugar if you don’t have one
– caramels, I like to use toffee caramels, but you can also use any other caramel candies and melt them
– the chocolate gets that final taste to the cookies, so it’s better if it’s better quality, you can choose whatever you like, but in the end, it needs to be milk chocolate.
How to make twix cookies?
The first important step is to have the butter at room temperature, but if not, you can use an easy hack, you can use grated butter, which will soften it in minutes.
After you mix the butter with the sugar and it’s fluffy, add the flour in and knead until you get a good soft dough with all the ingredients incorporated.
It’s always important to have your dough chilled, so it doesn’t change its shape while baking. In the end, spoon the microwaved caramel and chocolate on top of warm/chilled cookies.
Twix CookiesCourse: DessertsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
Light and fully homemade Twix cookies, topped with melted caramel plus chocolate on top, and served with warm milk to dip the cookies in.
200g / 1 cup softened butter
110g sugar / 1/2 cup sugar
220g/ 2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanila
250g milk chocolate
4 tbsp milk
2 tsp vegetable oil
- Add the softened butter in a medium bowl together with the sugar and mix it with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour to the mixture and mix everything with a mixer or whisk. You would have to knead the dough to fully come together.
- Lightly flour the dough on top and knead for a couple of minutes. Cover the dough and eave it to rest in a fridge for around 20-30minutes.
- Flour your work surface the dough out of the fridge and roll out the dough into a 1/2 inch sheet.
- Cut the cookies with a cookie cutter or glass but flour the ends of the glass so the cookie comes out in clean shape.
- Transfer the cookies to a baking pan covered with parchment paper and chill them for another 10minutes
- preheat your oven to 350F/130C and bake the cookies anywhere from 15-20 minutes.
- Once the cookies are cooked and not so hot, add the caramel into a bowl with the milk and microwave it. Spoon the caramel on top of the cookies, but remember to not put the caramel on top of the cookies while they are still very hot.
- Microwave the chocolate with the vegetable oil and spoon it over once it starts getting thicker.