Refreshing green spinach pineapple smoothie recipe loaded with tons of fruits and veggies. A healthy but delicious smoothie recipe, you should definitely give it a try!
Green Spinach Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
I like to prepare smoothies daily. Not just because they triple our daily fruit intake, but they taste delicious and keep us full for hours.
The first smoothie that I ever prepared, and still on the list of my favorites, is this Banana Protein Shake. I like to call it to shake, but it’s still a smoothie.
I was drinking this for months and months and months. But although it was delicious and a great treat to have 2-3 times in a week, I wanted to switch to something lower in calories, something I can have daily, but still taste as good as the banana protein shake. And that’s where this green pineapple and banana smoothie popped into my mind.
Why is this spinach pineapple smoothie so good?
Green smoothies are often known that they don’t have any spectacular taste, which I wanted to change in particular. Because I knew that if it’s not good, I won’t drink it.
- I especially love it because it takes only 5 minutes to put together. I usually do the preparations on Sunday, freeze everything, and then it is ready to blend and drink during the week.
- It’s 5 ingredients only, and it does not require any measuring equipment.
- The ingredients are flexible; if you prefer, you can switch with some different seasonal fruits/veggies.
- It’s perfect for incorporating into a healthy diet, as this spinach pineapple smoothie is perfect for weight loss and has fewer calories than the regular smoothie recipes.
Ingredients and substitutes to prepare this green smoothie
- Frozen banana
- Frozen pineapple
- Fresh baby spinach
- Orange juice
How to prepare spinach pineapple green smoothie?
- Peel and cut the pineapple and banana into slices, then freeze them in a refrigerator for up to 4h or overnight.
- Juice one orange.
- In a blender add the baby spinach, frozen banana, pineapple, orange juice, and pour with water.
- Blend on high speed for 1-2minutes.
Tips for making the best smoothie every time!
Smoothies are pretty easy to make, actually. And are a good start for those that want to learn some basic cooking techniques. Here are a couple of things that I’ve learned over time that I really believe make the perfect smoothie every time:
- Always have something frozen to add as a thickener. It can be fruits like bananas or ice.
- Load it with tons of fruits and some veggies if you prefer.
- Add freshly squeezed juice for a flavor boost – it can be orange or lemon, lime juice.
Remember, smoothies don’t have to be bad in taste. With the right ingredients and consistency, they can taste delicious.
They are delicious and, most importantly, nutritious. If you want to add some more fruits/veggies to your day, this spinach pineapple smoothie would definitely be a great start.
Spinach Pineapple Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 – 5cm(2inch) slices pineapple
- juice of one orange
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 500g/2cups water
- Peel cut the bananas and pineapple into slices. Add them in a ziplock bag or plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4h or overnight.
- Juice one orange.
- In a blender add the spinach, frozen banana, and pineapple, then the orange juice.
- Pour the water over, and blend for 1-2mintues on high speed.