Soft greek pita flatbread filled with refreshing Mediterranean flavors, plus some soft and tender roasted chicken fillets. What else could you ask for? All the good things on one spot! You should try them once, and I promise you will be obsessed forever with this Roasted Chicken Gyro recipe!
I was making burritos, wraps, stuffed quesadillas but never actually tried making chicken gyros at home. They are so similar to the burritos/ wraps but believe me way better than them! And the homemade pita bread, woow it’s delicious. Once I’ve tried them, now they are on my menu at least once a week!
MOST DELICIOUS YUMMY HOMEMADE ROASTED CHICKEN GYROS
Why is this roasted gyros so good?
- they are loaded with fresh Mediterranean flavors, which makes them the healthy lunch you love to prepare
- they are pretty fast and easy to make; plus, you can customize the fillings with things you like the most
- They can be made ahead and just warmed up before serving.
Ingredients used in this delicious roasted chicken gyros
Greek gyros are filled with lots of refreshing flavors. They are so easy and light to prepare that you are going to love them! Plus the pita bread- it’s so soft and delicious.
- Roasted boneless skinless chicken tights previously marinated in olive oil, rosemary, and garlic
- Delicious sauce made with Greek yogurt, lemon, and sliced garlic cloves
- Light and refreshing filling with cucumber and tomato salad topped with feta cheese and sliced onion
Roasted Greek Chicken Gyros
- 500g / 1 pound chicken breast
- 130g / 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 pitta bread
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 onion
- 4 slices feta cheese
- 200g greek yogurt
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 grated cucuber
- Place the marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag, add the chicken in, close the bag, and mix. Refrigerate the chicken for at least 1h.
- Pan-fry the chicken tights on an oiled pan on each side for 5 minutes. Then transfer to in the oven on 180C/350F for 15-20minute. Once the chicken is cooked, cut it into slices, and leave it on the side.
- In the meantime cut the tomato and cucumber into small pieces and slice the onion.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together.
- Take the pita bread in a lightly oiled pan and warm it up. Then fill with chicken, tomatoes cucumbers, and onion and spoon the sauce and the feta cheese on top.
- Wrap the pita bread-like burrito or just fold it in half and enjoy!
Leave a Reply