You will get crazy for these roasted baby potatoes. One of my favorite side dishes to make that is so easy and quick but at the same time so delicious and packed with lots of fresh flavors and refreshing tartar dipping sauce. Once you try this combination for – roasted baby potatoes, they would become your go-to dish whenever you are running out of time but still want to have something yummy prepared.
EASY AND FLAVORFUL ROASTED BABY POTATOES RECIPE
Are you looking for a side dish that takes around 30 minutes to put together?
Why you will love these roasted potatoes?
- These roasted potatoes are crunchy on the outside and perfectly creamy on the inside – what else could you ask for?
- These potatoes are perfect for serving as a side dish for dinner, barbecue, or quick lunch.
- They go perfectly well with everything. I like serving them with Pan-Seared Mediterranean Garlic Butter Salmon. I also love adding them on the side with my Roasted Greek Chicken Gyros or with Baked Crispy Chicken Nuggets
Ingredients to prepare these roasted potatoes:
- Baby potatoes, you can either bake them with the skin on or peel them.
- Seasoning: salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic powder, and olive oil, or you can use Italian seasoning if you prefer
- Tartar sauce: mayonnaise, greek yogurt, cucumber, or pickles
How to prepare roasted potatoes?
Making roasted potatoes so easy even beginners in cooking can prepare.
I like to start by preheating the oven to 390F/200C, peel, wash and cut the potatoes into half-inch pieces. Then put them anywhere from 4-5 potatoes on each kabob skewer. Brush the potatoes with the seasoning and add them to a baking tray layered with parchment paper.
Bake for 15minutes on one side then turn them around on the other side for another 15 minutes.
Tips for making delicious roasted potatoes:
- Using baby potatoes is crucial for this recipe for a couple of reasons:
– first, as they are smaller, they are easier to put on the kabob skewers,
– also, cutting them on half-inch is the best because they are going to cook faster. It would be easier putting them on the skewers ( you can use metal skewers or bamboo, but if you are using bamboo skewers, it is good to soak them on warner, so they don’t burn, but you can also use them dry, and it’s not going to make any difference on the taste of the potatoes).
– if the potatoes are tiny, cut them in half, and if they are a bit bigger, cut them into 3-4 slices. Basically, you should have half-inch pieces so you can cook them faster and easier.
Roasted Baby Potatoes With Tartar SauceCourse: Sides, AppetizersCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Medium
You will get crazy for these roasted baby potatoes. So delicious and packed with lots of fresh seasonings and refreshing tartar dipping sauce.
500g / 17oz baby potatoes
1 tbsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp garlic powder
5 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp diced garlic
2 grated pickles
- Preheat the oven on 420F – 250C.
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes on half-inch pieces.
- Skewer the potato kebabs adding through the long side of the potato. Spoon the seasoning on top or even better wash them with the seasoning ingredients (salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic powder, parmesan, olive oil).
- The potato kebabs on a baking tray previously added parchment paper and put them in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes on one side and then turn them around for 15 minutes on another side.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: in a small bowl add 2 tbsp of mayonnaise, 1 tbsp of greek yogurt, 1/2 pickle chopped very small, and mix together.
- Once they are baked take them out of the oven leave them to cool down for a couple of minutes add the sauce on top and enjoy!