This easy oven-baked potato frittata would quickly get on your breakfast favorites list. It’s simple and easy to make. Coked with two-ingredient egg filling, lots of veggies, bacon, leftover french fries, and covered with feta cheese, and fresh parmesan.
Feta Cheese And Potato Frittata
Who said that breakfasts are not fun, even when we have only 30 minutes to prepare something delicious for the loved ones?
Although the traditional frittata recipe is unique in its way, sometimes we might feel lazy to prepare everything from scratch. So, if you have some french fries sitting in your fridge, they will be perfect for this recipe. – Frittata is an Italian egg dish loaded with different veggies, first fried, then baked in the oven. It looks very similar to the quiche, but actually, it has more flavor, and it is a lot more customizable.
Although it’s a breakfast dish, I’ve seen so many people making it for lunch or a quick and healthy dinner. There are no limits on whether you decide to have it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. If you crave a delicious frittata with some salad on the side, it’s a great recipe no matter what time of the day it is. Here are my favorite ingredients to make frittata with:
What’s the difference between quiche vs omelet vs frittata?
At first, they all seem pretty similar as the eggs are the main ingredient for each of them, but actually, they are different in flavor.
– French omelet is a delicate french meal where the only main ingredient are the eggs; they are cooked under low heat and served plain.
– The difference in the quiche is that it has a crust, making it special in its own way, but it a bit more complicated to prepare. Also, the quiche has a custard filling, and the eggs are mixed have cream/milk.
– Last, the potato frittata is loaded with many different veggies like potatoes, peppers, onion, topped with eggs, and different kinds of cheeses. If done right, the eggs don’t overpower the dish, and everything combined should create a colorful and delicious breakfast.
How to make potato frittata?
Cut the bacon on thin slices and fry them over medium heat then cut the scallions and add those to the pan, add the previously boiled/steamed broccoli florets, and add the cherry tomatoes cut in half. Optionally add one bell pepper cut on cubes.
If you have leftover french fries, you can use those. If not in a pan, fry the french fries. In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, seasonings, and a splash of milk and leave them on the side.
Pour over the egg mixture. Add the crumbled feta cheese and grate some parmesan on top. Cook for 2-3 minutes on the stove and then transfer for 10 minutes on the oven.
What to serve frittata with?
Frittata goes well with so many different dishes. If served for breakfast goes great served with hummus, avocado dip or greek yogurt, and a slice of toasted bread. With frittata, I also like to serve a big bowl of greek salad, arugula salad with tomatoes, chickpea salad, and an additional slice of feta cheese. It also goes perfectly served alongside some crunchy grilled bacon or sausage.
- You can add more veggies in this frittata like spinach, zucchini, asparagus, mushrooms, etc.
- As you read on the steps, you have to have a non-stick pan that is preferably ovenproof. But if you don’t have an ovenproof one, what you can do is: cook the frittata for a longer time in the pan (3-4minutes on medium-low heat); once the eggs are cooked on all sides, transfer the frittata to an ovenproof dish lined with parchment paper.
- For the best oven settings, I prefer baking the frittata with the oven fan ON. It’s not necessary, but the fan circulates the heat evenly on all sides of the oven and decreases the baking time.
Oven-Baked Easy Potato Frittata
- 5 medium eggs
- 5tbsp milk
- 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g bacon
- 1 scallion
- 60g / handful of broccoli florets
- a couple of cherry tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper (optional)
- a handful of french fries
- 1 slice of feta cheese
- some parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F with the oven fan ON.
- Fry the french fries in oil or if you have leftover fried ones use those. Boil or steam the broccoli florets .
- Cut the bacon into slices and put it over on medium heat together with the oil, fry to 2-3 minutes and cut the scallions in small pieces, and add them to the bacon. Then add the broccoli florets. Fry for another minute.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the pan, then add a handful of the previously fried french fries.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, seasonings, milk, whisk everything together. Pour over the egg mixture. Add the crumbled feta cheese and grate some parmesan on top.
- Leave the eggs to cook for 1-2 minutes on the stove, then transfer into the oven for another 10 minutes. Sprinkle some more green onions on top and enjoy!