Pan-Seared Salmon with garlic and butter sauce – Full of flavors and super healthy coated with lemon and garlic butter sauce. An easy and quick lunch or dinner full of nutrients – ready under 30 minutes.
When we think about salmon, it usually reminds us of dry sea fish. But not after you try this recipe! The fillets are super moist and tender – I can say it is my all-time favorite when it comes to cooking sea fish.
How to make pan-seared salmon?
You can barely make a mistake cooking salmon even if you are making it for the first time. There are just a few simple steps that you have to follow, and you are going to have perfectly cooked salmon every time.
- Make sure that the oil is preheated on medium heat, so the salmon starts to cook right away. By doing this so, you will avoid sticking to the pan and overdrying the fillets.
- Don’t flip the salmon several times while cooking because by doing so, it is going to start breaking down. Instead, leave the salmon until it gets golden brown and then flip it on the skin side for another 5-7 minutes.
- Once you are finished cooking, don’t forget to add butter sauce to make it extra tender and soft.
- I am a big fish and lemon lover, so I always recommend adding a little bit of lemon on top to spice up the things a little bit.
Pan-seared salmon variations
Balsamic glazed pan-seared salmon
-for all sour lovers, there’s this delicious version of balsamic vinegar, white wine, honey, dijon mustard. Boil the sauce until it thickens(10-15minutes), and then pour it over the salmon before serving.
Pan-seared salmon with creamy avocado sauce
-this is a fancier version that we often find in the restaurant menus but we can easily prepare it at home. The cream is super refreshing and light. Made with avocado, lemon juice, light cream, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. All the ingredients are mixed in a blender. Pour it over the salmon before serving and it is delicious.
Best side dishes for salmon
- The first version that I love is with healthy lemon potato salad. They take a little bit longer to cook but if you have maybe +30 minutes in your time, you can prepare a delicious side dish for your salmon. Here’s my recipe for them!
- Low calorie and fast side dish for your salmon is a delicious Mediterranean Chickpea Salad. Prepared with tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, olives, onions, and cheese.
- Brown rice and salmon
Pan-Seared Mediterranean Garlic Butter SalmonCourse: MainCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Medium
Full of flavors and super healthy pan-seared salmon coated with lemon and garlic butter sauce. A quick lunch or dinner full of nutrients.
4 salmon fillets
4 tbsp olive oil
50g / 2tbps butter
1 tbsp garlic paste or diced garlic
1 tbsp salt
a pinch of black pepper
4 slices of lemon
1 green onion for garnish
- Add the oil and preheat the pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Meanwhile, season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Once the oil is hot, place the salmon fillets with the skin side up and cook them for 5-7 minutes or until they get crispy golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip the salmon for additional 10minutes
- Remove the salmon from the pan and add the butter to the pan and wait for it to melt.
- Cook the garlic with the butter for 15-30 seconds
- Take the pan out of the heat and put the salmon back in the pan add the 1 teaspoon of lemon on top of each salmon fillet.
- Put the pan back on the heat and spoon the salmon with the sauce.
- Sprinkle green onions on top and enjoy!
- Take the salmon out of the fridge 10 minutes before cooking.
- Make sure there isn’t any moisture in the salmon, to avoid the oil from splattering.
- If the salmon fillets are big 3-4 oz then make sure to cook them on each side for 2-3minutes as well.