This hummus pasta salad is on another level. It’s another Mediterranean-inspired recipe that you are going to love. It only takes 20 minutes and 5 ingredients, plus it’s a perfect make-ahead meal.
20 MINUTES CREAMY HUMMUS PASTA SALAD
If you are looking to add something quick but healthy to your food menu, I got you covered. This Mediterranean hummus pasta salad is light and refreshing – yet it’s one of the healthiest pasta choices you can make.
I was usually making healthy pasta salad with avocado, but recently I ran out of avocado and tried making one with hummus – and it came out perfect. Plus, compared to the avocado sauce, the hummus in pasta is perfect if you want to prepare it ahead of time or if you want to make a quick weeknight meal.
Why choose hummus pasta over regular pasta sauces?
- It’s one of the healthiest but tastiest pasta sauces you can find out there
- It has one of the easiest sauces that even beginners in cooking can make
- Gluten-free and guilt-free 🙂
- It takes only 20 minutes to put together, which it’s making the perfect weeknight meal
Ingredients used in this pasta salad
- Gluten-free pasta – or any other pasta of your choice
- Cherry tomatoes (or regular tomatoes if you prefer)
- Broccoli – boiled but still crunchy – add a lot of flavor to the salad.
- Corn – I usually use frozen sweet corn as it’s the quickest to prepare
- Firm feta cheese, parmesan flakes, or nutritional yeast (optional)
- Seasonings: Vegeta (vegan seasoning) adds tons of flavor in almost every meal, salt, pepper, and oregano.
Using store-bought hummus is perfectly fine for this salad, but if you decide to make it a bit fancier, you can also prepare one from scratch. Here’s a quick recipe for it:
- Pat dry previously 1 cup of boiled or canned chickpeas.
- Add 5 tbsp olive oil, ½ lemon, salt, and pepper.
- Mix everything in a blender or food processor until you get a smooth paste.
How to make hummus pasta salad, step by step?
This pasta salad is one of the easiest you’ve ever made in your life! Just by following the steps here, you will have a delicious meal in around 20 minutes.
- Add water, salt, and olive oil to a pot and turn the heat on high. Once the water starts to boil, lower the heat on medium and add the pasta to cook for 10-15 minutes (or depending on boiling time needed on the pasta package).
- Meanwhile, cut the broccoli florets, add them to a smaller pot with water and boil for 3-4 minutes. If you are using frozen corn, a minute before taking the broccoli out of the heat, add the corn and drain them both in a colander.
- Cut the tomatoes and feta cheese and leave them on the side.
- In a big bowl, add the hummus and add the hot pasta on top. Mix the hummus and the pasta and leave them in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Take the pasta out of the fridge, add the broccoli, corn, and tomatoes. Add the seasonings, top with some balsamic glaze and enjoy!
How to store hummus pasta?
I love having leftover hummus pasta, even dough I barely ever have to deal with leftovers when it comes to this one! 🙂
Hummus pasta is perfect for making ahead. Even if all the ingredients are mixed, it can stay fresh for up to a day in the fridge. It just has to be covered with plastic wrap or in plastic containers. What I love most about the leftovers is that the pasta soaks the flavors from the hummus and the add-ins, and it’s even more flavorful even after one day.
Mediterranean Hummus Pasta Salad
- 200 g gluten-free pasta
- 500 ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g hummus
- 2 tbsp oil
- 100 g boiled broccoli
- 50 g cherry tomatoes
- 30 g corn
- 2 tbsp parmesan flakes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar or reduction
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- In a medium pot add water and salt and turn the heat on high. Once the water starts to boil, lower the heat on medium, add the pasta, and boil for 10-15 minutes (or look for the boiling time on the pasta package).
- Cut the broccoli on florets add those in another pot cover with water and boil on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Cut the cherry tomatoes on half and grate parmesan fakes.
- Once the pasta is boiled drain the pasta in a colander.
- Transfer the hummus in a big bowl and add the pasta on top. Mix the hummus, the Vegeta seasoning, the pasta, and leave it to cool down for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the broccoli florets, corn, and tomatoes. Season with the salt and oregano. Add a balsamic glaze if you prefer and enjoy it!