This Mediterranean egg salad is shockingly good! Loaded hard-boiled eggs, olives, onions, cucumbers, and a hint of mustard. Easy to make and saves a lot of time.
This recipe is easy to make, fast, and on a budget. You can have it with a crunchy toast or enjoy it straight from the bowl.
It is absolutely delicious! If you haven’t tried a Mediterranean egg salad until now, then today it’s the day.
Because once you learn how to make this yummy egg salad, it would immediately become one of your favorite.
Ingredients used for this egg salad:
- organic eggs would be the best choice, but you can use any other that you prefer
- freshly squeezed lemon juice; if you don’t have one, you can switch store-bought lemon juice, or any other vinegar that you have ( the taste won’t be the same, and you would have to use less vinegar then lemon juice as the vinegar is stronger)
- green onions or chives as they are not that strong in taste as the regular ones. But they are not available every season, so if you don’t have one, you can switch to regular onions, and it would still be delicious.
Why is this salad so good?
This recipe is fancy enough for parties but healthy and easy enough to have for lunch at least a couple of times a week. You can serve it with crackers or with toast. Or, if you want something less in calories, you can switch it to a healthy lettuce wrap.
How to hard boil the eggs?
Boiling eggs is pretty simple and straight forward, but there are a couple of tips that I’ve learned, and I would like to share them with you:
–First, it is important to know that you shouldn’t add the eggs in hot water directly, but instead, cover them in cold water and then wait for the water to come to a boil.
–The second thing that may give you cracked boiled eggs is the really high heat when boiling. That’s why you should always make sure they boil over medium heat.
-And last, boil them for 10-12 minutes to get hard-boiled eggs. Anything below that, you would get soft yolk, and it is not going to hold its shape when mixing the salad.
Egg Salad – Mediterranean StyleCourse: Appetizers, SidesCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
Yummy hard-boiled egg salad loaded with fresh flavors, including green onions, olives, cucumber, lemon juice, greek yogurt.
8 large hard-boiled eggs
100g /around 1/2 cup kalamata olives
1 green onion or chives
juice of half lemon
pinch or oregano
½ tbsp salt
pinch of pepper
50g/ around 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- Cut the hardboiled eggs and the cucumber and olives on quarters and add them to a medium bowl
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, oregano, and a splash of lemon juice in a separate bowl and whisk them together.
- Pour the mayonnaise dressing over the egg salad.
- Add the salad into a serving bowl and sprinkle diced spring onions on top!