This Mediterranean chickpea salad replaces a full side dish, saving you lots of time while keeping the stomach flat and happy. If you have been looking for the quickest and healthiest side dish to make for dinner, then you should try this one!
I would say that this salad goes more in the side dishes category, so if you are preparing salmon, chicken kabobs, or any other main dish, this salad would perfectly complement it. It takes 15 minutes to put together, and it’s extremely inexpensive.
Here are a couple of reasons why everyone loves this Mediterranean chickpea salad.
Why is this mediterranean chickpea salad so good?
- It’s light and lemony, which makes it perfect for the hot summer days
- It’s the Mediterranean, which means it keeps your belly flat 😉
- Even dough it’s a salad, the chickpeas replace a full side dish, wow!
What ingredients are in this Mediterranean chickpea salad?
- Pan-Fried chickpeas
- Feta cheese
How to pan-fry the chickpeas?
1. If you are using canned chickpeas, add them to a colander and rinse them with cold water. Pat the chickpeas until they are dry with a paper towel and then leave them to air dry for a couple of minutes.
2. Put one pan over medium heat and add oil to it. Then season the chickpeas with Vegeta (vegetable seasoning).
3. Add the chickpeas in and pan fry them, while mixing every 2.3 minutes until they get golden brown and crunchy on the outside. Add some cayenne pepper right before taking them out of the heat.
How to store this chickpea salad?
- If the dressing is already in the salad, it will stay fresh for a couple of hours, covered with a lid or plastic wrap in the fridge.
- If all the ingredients are in a separate bowl, and the dressing is not poured over, it will stay fresh for up to 1 day.
Mediterranean Chickpea SaladCourse: SaladsCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
Crunchy pan-fried chickpeas, mixed with tomato, cucumber, corn, and onion, topped with some delicious sour dressing on top.
200g / 1 cup canned chickpeas
4 slices feta cheese
1/2 juice of a half lemon
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
- Add the chickpeas in a colander and rinse them in the water, transfer them in a bowl and pat dry them with a paper towel.
- In a pan add olive oil over medium heat and add the chickpeas in. Once the chickpeas start frying mix them with a wooden spoon every 2-3 minutes.
- Fry the chickpeas anywhere from 7-10minutes, or until they get golden brown.
- In another bowl cut the tomato and to cucumber in small pieces like the picture.
- Do the same with the onion.
- Add the parsley and the chickpeas in the bowl with the rest of the veggies and mix everything together.
- For the dressing add: salt, lemon, and olive oil in a small bowl mix in and pour over the salad before serving.