Light and refreshing Lemon Potato Salad loaded with lots of Mediterranean flavors. Goes perfectly well on its own as a light dinner or as a side dish with your favorite meat.
Summer is just around the corner, so this is one of those recipes that you would love to prepare all the summer.
A healthier alternative form the classic potato salad and plus it is prepared without mayonnaise – perfect salad to add in your diet that you are going to enjoy the whole summer.
What’s in my healthy lemon potato salad?
- baby potatoes that have really thin skin and cook really fast for a meal under 30 minutes
- freshly squeezed lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, seasoning – are just some of the ingredients in the flavorful salad dressing
- green onions on top to add some color and extra freshness to the salad
Grandma’s secret for delicious lemon potato salad!
There are a couple of secrets that I have learned when making Mediterannean style potato salad.
Use baby potatoes and preferably choose the once that have thin skin. Also, boil them with the skin on so they actually hold the shape and don’t disintegrate while boiling.
Peel them (optional) and cut them on half while they are still warm to soak the dressing better.
Healthy Lemon Potato Salad [no mayonnaise]Course: SaladsCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
Refreshing lemon potato salad prepared with baby potatoes, spring onions, and delicious lemon and olive oil dressing.
500g/1 pound baby potatoes
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
2 chopped spring onions
- Rinse and drain the potatoes with cold water to clean them. Then place the potatoes in a pot and cover them with water, add half of a teaspoon salt, and bring to a boil.
- Cover them and simmer for 20minutes or until they are tender. Check if they are cooked with the tip of your sharp knife.
- In a medium jar, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk until they are well blended.
- Drain the potatoes and wait for them to cool down a little bit once they are cooked.
- While the potatoes are still warm, cut them in half, add the dressing on top and mix everything together.
- Add them in a serving bowl sprinkle green onions on top and enjoy!
- As the potatoes for this salad have really thin skin, the peeling is optional. But if you decide to do so it is best to boil them with the skin on and peel after they are cooked.
- You can make it a day or two in advance and just add the dressing before you serve.
- The leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.