These healthy breakfast burritos are filled with scrambled eggs, guacamole, and tomato corn salsa, then wrapped in a crispy toasted whole-grain tortilla. They are the perfect quick and easy meal, perfect for breakfast or brunch on a busy day.
Quick Healthy Breakfast Wrap
Breakfasts are supposed to be quick, easy, and filled with nutritious ingredients to kickstart the day and fill us with energy. Unfortunately, sometimes they can get monotonous because we repeatedly make the same recipes just because they are easy and convenient. This healthy breakfast burrito wrap is just as easy to make as an egg and avocado toast. What’s even better is that it is wrapped in a tortilla and can be eaten on the go.
All you have to do is scramble the eggs, make quick guacamole and salsa. Then, toss all the ingredients in a toasted tortilla, wrap it up and enjoy. If you don’t have the time to make the quick guacamole, add slices of avocado over the eggs.
What goes in these healthy breakfast burritos
To make these healthy breakfast burritos, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Tortillas, whole wheat, or regular tortillas. Medium-sized ones work perfect to use up all of the fillings.
- Eggs, quick scrambled eggs mixed with a bit of crème fraîche to keep them creamy.
- Avocado, you can add them slices over the scrambled eggs or quickly smash it in a bowl and season it to your taste;
- Cherry tomatoes are best because they are not as watery, but you can use any tomatoes you have on hand;
- Red onion, thinly diced to mix with the tomatoes and corn for the salsa; it’s optional;
- Corn – mixed with the tomatoes and red onion;
- Parsley, also for the salsa;
- A slice of crispy bacon or smoked ham;
How to prepare these breakfast burritos?
Preheat a pan over medium heat, and add oil and butter in. Lower the heat to medium-low, whisk the eggs and pour them into the preheated pan. Let the eggs sit for a few seconds, then start mixing with a spatula until the eggs are mostly set. Take the pan off the heat, season with salt and pepper, and mix a bit of crème fraîche.
To the same pan, add the smoked ham or bacon and pan fry on bought sides for 2 minutes.
To make the salsa, dice the tomatoes, onion, and parsley and add them to a bowl; add the corn as well. Mash the avocado in another bowl and add lemon and seasonings to taste.
Toast the tortilla on one side with a little bit of oil. Spread sour cream on the bottom of the tortilla, then spoon the scrambled eggs, spoon the salsa and finish with the avocado and bacon/ham.
How to fold a perfect burrito every time?
Start by folding the two sides of the tortilla towards the filing. Keep the sides folded, and take the bottom of the tortilla and cover the filling. Then tightly start rolling towards the top until the filling is fully wrapped in the tortilla.
More quick and easy breakfast recipes:
Breakfast Avocado Egg Sandwich
Easy Potato Frittata
Savory French Toast
Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 5 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes 1 medium regular tomato
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 100 g / 1 cup corn it can either be frozen defrosted or canned
- 1 tbsp diced parsley
- salt to taste
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder optional
For the burrito:
- 4 medium tortillas
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 4 slices of thinly sliced bacon or smoked ham
- Add the oil and butter to a nonstick pan and preheat it over medium heat. Once preheated, lower the heat to medium-low, whisk the eggs, and pour them into the pan.
- Let the eggs sit for a few seconds in the pan, then start mixing with a spatula for 1-2 minutes or until the eggs are mostly set. Take the pan off the heat, season with salt and pepper, and optionally mix a little bit of crème fraîche
- To the same pan, add the smoked ham or bacon and pan fry on bought sides for 2 minutes or until you get to the desired crispiness.
- To a bowl, add the corn, diced tomatoes, onion, and parsley.
- Mash the avocado in another bowl and add lemon and seasonings to taste.
- Toast the tortilla on one side with a little bit of oil. Spread sour cream on the bottom of the tortilla, then spoon the scrambled eggs, followed by the salsa, and finish with the avocado and bacon/ham.
- Wrap the burrito and enjoy!
Leave a Reply