These breakfast burritos are crunchy and full of flavor. The tortilla is filled with scrabled eggs, diced tomato, guacamole and a layer or of lightly fried ham.
EGG BREAKFAST BURRITOS
Why these breakfast burritos are good?
- They are the perfect quick breakfast treat
- Super light and refreshing with a great kick of the lemony guacamole sauce and onion, garlic tomatoes.
- The tortilla is super crunchy on the outside but tender and flavorful on the inside.
What ingredients are in this breakfast burrito?
- tortillas, whole wheat tortillas
- onion, you can use green onion or the regular one
- smoked ham
- guacamole: avocado, lemon, salt, olive oil, onion, and garlic.
- corn (frozen)
How to prepare these breakfast burritos?
Whisk the eggs together and divide them into four equal parts. Preheat a pan on medium and add the eggs in while constantly whisking until they are cooked.
In the same pan, add the smoked ham and pan fry on bought sides for 2minutes. Dice the tomatoes, mash the avocado and add lemon, diced onion and garlic, salt, and olive oil.
Spread some cream cheese in the middle of the tortillas add the eggs, then the guacamole, and the diced tomatoes and corn. Add the smoked ham covering all the ingredients on top. Fold the burritos and lightly pan-fry them in butter until they get golden brown and enjoy.
How to fold a perfect burrito every time?
Start by folding the bottom up of the tortilla covering the filling, while pulling the filling in so it doesn’t stick out.
Continue by folding the left and the right side of the tortilla towards the middle.
Make sure that the filling is equally spread on all sides of the burrito, and roll it into a cylinder.
Tips for making the perfect burrito every time.
Freezer-Friendly Breakfast BurritosCourse: BreakfastCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Medium
If you love to have something savory for breakfast, and you prefer to prep your meals ahead, then these freezer-friendly breakfast burritos are for you!
4 tbsp cream cheese
4 slice sof smoked ham
1 diced tomato
1/2 chopped onion
1 sliced pickle
½ tsp salt
a pinch of pepper
- Add oil into a pan. Cut one sausage on half and fry it for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until it gets brown.
- In a medium bowl crack 2 eggs and whisk them. In the same pan where the sausage was frying add oil again and add the eggs, whisking until they just begin to set. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until the egg is cooked and there’s no liquid from left. Once they are cooked (3-4 minutes) set them aside.
- Dice tomato and onion on small cubes and tiny slice the pickles.
- Use half of the filling for each tortilla, and fill them, them fold like burritos.
- Transfer them in the preheated pan with 1 tbsp oil and bake on each side for 2-3minutes.