These breakfast egg muffin cups are the perfect space from the everyday regular muffins. They are lower in calories, and you can barely make a mistake when preparing them. Kids love to eat but also help with prepping.
OMELET EGG MUFFIN CUPS
If you love having an egg omelet, then you will love these egg cups! They are super simple, easy to prepare. If you want to surprise your other half with fancy breakfast in bed or you want to prep something ahead for the kid’s school snacks – you won’t make a mistake if you decide to make this one!
Why are these breakfast muffin cups so special?
- These egg muffins are perfect if you want to prepare something the night ahead. They will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just warm them up in the microwave before serving.
- It’s a low-calorie version of the regular muffins.
- Plus, they are kids friendly.
- Inside, you can add everything from veggies to cheeses and salami.
Ingredients needed to prepare these egg muffins?
Combining 1 ingredient from the row you can get so many different egg muffin combinations:
egg mixture: eggs, salt, oil, pepper
- Pork or turkey ham, bacon, or pepperoni
- Green peppers, spinach, or broccoli
- Feta cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan
- Tomatoes, mushrooms
The easiest way to prepare these breakfast egg muffins:
You will be surprised how easy these egg muffins are to prepare. Even easier than egg omelet. Just pour the egg in the muffin cups and bake. Here you will just assemble your favorite ingredients and bake.
Here are a couple of quick tips:
- Spray butter or oil on the sides of the muffin pan so the muffin cups don’t stick.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and season there.
- Spoon the add-ins in the muffin cups and then fill the muffin cups with the whisked eggs leaving less than a half-inch / 1 cm empty.
- Bake them with the fan of the oven OFF, otherwise, they won’t hold the shape.
Three different egg muffins variations!
What’s perfect about these egg muffins is that they can be assembled with favorite ingredients, so here are a couple of my favorite combinations I like to make:
- Spinach, feta cheese, ham tomato
- Broccoli, cheddar cheese,
- Bacon, parmesan, tomatoes, bell peppers.
What to serve with?
These muffin cups can be served on their own as they are filled with so many different and delicious ingredients inside. But if you want something on the side with them – they can be served with a big slice of feta cheese, avocado, or with this Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad.
Breakfast Egg Muffin Cups – Three WaysCourse: Breakfast, BrunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Simple 15 minute egg muffins cups loaded with veggies.
1 tsp salt
6 medium spinach leaves
6tsp feta cheese
3 slices ham
- Preheat the oven on 190C / 375 F, with teh fan off.
- Spray the muffin cups with nonstick oil or brush some butter on them.
- Whisk the eggs on the side and add the salt in.
- Divide the add-ins into the 6 muffin cups, pour the egg mixture over equally, leaving less than a half-inch / 1 cm empty on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes.