Light and flavorful cucumber tomato avocado salad, easy to put together, and prepared with three simple veggies that you probably have in your fridge at the moment. Who can resist having a good lemony summer salad?
Tomato cucumber salad is my classic favorite Mediterranean salad that I enjoy making and eating, of course :). But what I got used to doing is adding avocado to this salad every time I had one in my fridge.
So I thought it would be a great idea to share this recipe with you 🙂 It’s so easy to put together but so flavorful, colorful, and delicious. Perfect as a side dish for lunch or dinner and yummy to prepare for friends and family when having barbeques. Plus, it’s kids approved – so try making one big bowl for them as well!
Ingredients used in this cucumber tomato avocado salad
The ingredients that I’ve used here are simple, and you will probably have them in your fridge. If you don’t have something, you can be creative to leave that and change it with something else or add something you enjoy eating more. So here’s what I’ve used:
- cucumber– preferably English cucumber, but any other would work as well
- tomato – here, it can be used cherry tomatoes or the regular ones.
- avocado – one ripe avocado
- onion– red or yellow
- coriander – of your choice
- and for the dressing: salt, balsamic vinegar, lemon, and some olive oil
Learn how to make the most delicious Mediterranean cucumber tomato avocado salad
– You will be surprised how easy it is to put this cucumber tomato avocado salad together. Plus, it only takes around 5 minutes to prepare.
- Slice the cucumber through the middle in half, then chop on 1/4″ pieces.
- Cut the tomato in half and then slice it into 3-4 slices and then those sliced in half.
- Cut peel and cut the avocado as well, first on half, and then on slices.
- Chop the coriander making tiny pieces, slice the onion in half and make some long skinny slices.
This is one way I want to cut them, but you can make them the way that’s easiest and best for you. Mix everything in a small bowl, then add the salt, balsamic vinegar, lemon, and olive oil.
Why you should give this cucumber tomato avocado salad a try:
- We think that side dishes take so long to prepare, but not always. If you are trying to put together something easy with your main dish on a busy workday, this salad is perfect for that.
- It’s beginner-friendly, so even if you haven’t made it before, there’s no cooking, frying, baking. Just a couple of veggies, a knife, and one bowl. So simple and easy!
- And what’s most important it’s packed with lots of nutrition. Vitamins A, C, calcium, and it has some protein from the avocado.
Cucumber Tomato Avocado SaladCourse: SaladsCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
Light and flavorful cucumber tomato avocado salad, easy to put together, and prepared with three types of veggies – cucumber tomato and avocado!
2 tbsp chopped coriander
2 tsp salt
4 tsp balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Cut the tomato, cucumber, avocado, onion, and mix them in a bowl together. You can cut them on any shape that you want, but if you like to recreate this one, you can find the instructions in the above headings on this blog.
- Then slice the onion, chop the coriander and add them to the salad mix.
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and lemon. Spoon the dressing over before consuming it.