Creamy, light, and rich in flavor are the three words that best describe this yummy Chocolate Chia Pudding. You can make it the night ahead and just blend for less than 2 minutes the next morning. Perfect to have for grab and go breakfast or after workout protein dessert.
Creamy chocolate treat loaded with lots of nutrition and tasty flavors. You will ask for more once you try this delicious chocolate chia mousse.
I was used to making regular milk pudding that’s way higher in sugar and calories. I never taught that there’s something that can replace it. But once I tried this chocolate chia pudding mousse, it will always be my favorite.
Why is this chocolate chia pudding so good?
- It’s packed with nutrition, and it is a good source of protein.
- It is less in calories than the regular pudding, but way tastier and flavorful.
- It is a good grab and go breakfast or after workout protein meal.
What’s in this chocolate chia mousse?
This chocolate pudding mousse can be customized with whatever you like to eat the most, but the main ingredients to have are chia seeds and milk. In this recipe I used:
- black chia seeds
- dairy-free milk or any other milk that you like
- maple syrup
- cocoa powder
The topping can be also customized but for this recipe added:
1. whipping cream (coconut cream can be also used for this recipe).
2. sliced almonds to add some crunchiness on top.
How to make chocolate chia pudding?
Chocolate chia pudding is one of the easiest recipes that everyone can make. You would just have to give some time for the chia seeds to gel and it should be delicious.
I like to make them the night before so the seeds can have some more time to raise. You can absolutely enjoy the pudding without blending and it would be delicious. But what I like to do is blending everything to get a smooth mousse and get more flavor blending everything together.
How to store chocolate chia mousse?
Chocolate chia pudding can be stored covered with a lid for up to 4 days in a refrigerator. If the seeds get too thick adding a tablespoon or two of milk would fix everything.
Overnight Chocolate Chia Pudding MousseCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Protein chocolate chia pudding mousse made with cocoa, almond milk, cinnamon and topped with maple syrup whipping cream and grated almonds.
160g/ 1 cup chia seeds
500g / 2 cup milk
6 tbsp maple syrup
1 ½ tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp coconut whipping cream
5 sliced almonds
- In a medium-size bowl or in your blender cup add chia seeds, cocoa powder, cinnamon, milk, and maple syrup.
- Mix everything well together and cover the bowl. Leave the pudding in a refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once this process is finished remove the chia seeds from the fridge, and add the pudding in a blender. Mix it for 1minute or until you get a smooth mousse.
- Add the mousse in a glass and top with whipping cream and sliced almonds.
- If you want some extra sweetness you can add chopped dried dates or stevia right before blending.
- In case the chia seeds soak more milk and the consistency get’s really thick add a bit more milk before blending.