Chicken Caesar salad has been one of the most requested salad recipes for ages. And there’s a good reason for it! It’s one of the most delicious and flavorful salads that can replace an actual meal. Perfect for a romantic dinner at home and an absolute hit for a barbeque with your friends and family. A mix of everyone’s favorite ingredients in one place is called Chicken Caesar Salad!
YOUR GO-TO SUMMER RECIPE – CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD
I wanted to start by sharing an interesting story on how this caesar salad was “born.” By the name that this salad has, people usually think that it is named by Julius Caesar. But it has nothing to do with him.
It’s was prepared by an Italian Immigrant who had a restaurant in 1924 in the States. According to the legend, a group of unexpected people came into the restaurant on the 4th of July. But because the restaurant was running short on groceries, the owner had to make something with the ingredients he had at that moment. So he came up with this caesar salad.
So yeah, until today, this is one of the salads you can find almost in every restaurant, especially in the Mediterranean countries. And why not trying to make this salad at home? It is so simple and takes around 30 minutes to prepare. Plus, it tastes exactly like the restaurant versions that you’ve tried, and maybe even better.
Why this chicken caesar salad should be your go-to meal this summer?
- It’s perfect for the busy summer days, as it takes around 30 minutes to put together.
- It’s light and refreshing, with one of the most delicious homemade salad dressing ever.
- Caesar salad is simple to prepare that even amateurs in cooking can learn how to make
What ingredients are in this chicken caesar salad?
- garlic croutons
- parmesan cheese
- homemade salad dressing with a couple of simple ingredients: mayonnaise, garlic, lemon, parmesan, balsamic vinegar
How to cook the bacon and make your own garlic croutons?
– how to pan-fry the bacon?
I know cooking bacon sometimes can be a struggle, so here are the instructions on how to do it without any issues:
1. Put the slices of bacon on a pan, each having enough space in between. Don’t add any oils or anything like that because the bacon has enough fat in it.
2. Once it starts cooking, turn the bacon over frequently (every 30 seconds) until you get that crispy outside ( that should take you around 5 minutes from the moment it starts cooking).
3. Then transfer the slices on to a paper towel to get the access fats out.
-how to make your own garlic croutons?
1. Add some butter on both sides on the bead sliced, add them to a pan, and toast for 3-4 minutes on medium heat on both sides.
2. Then rub the slices with one garlic clove to give it some flavor.
3. In the end, cut the slices into small cubes, pan fry for another minute or so, and they are ready to add to the salad.
Chicken Caesar Salad – The Ultimate Salad Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 slices of white bread
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 lettuce
- 8 bacon slices
- 4 boiled eggs (optional)
- 200g / 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 juice of a half lemon
- 50g / 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Cut one chicken breast through the long side and make two slices. Marinade the chicken with olive oil, salt, and pepper and pan fry it for 6-7 minutes on each side.
- Slice two pieces of bread and spread butter on both sides on the bread.
- Add them to a pan and toast for 3-4 minutes on each side or until they get slightly golden and crispy. Then rub the slices with one garlic clove on both sides.
- Cut on small cubes and transfer the bread again in the pan for around 1 minute.
- Place the sliced bacon staying flat on the bottom of the pan. Put them over medium heat, and once they start cooking lower the heat to low. Turn the bacon frequently once it starts cooking so it doesn’t burn, around every 30 seconds. Once you have crispy outside, transfer on a damp cloth to get the access oils out.
- Meanwhile, boil the eggs for 7 minutes.
- Chop the lettuce on whatever size you prefer, add 1/4 of the dressing in the lettuce and mix it in. Then add the garlic croutons, chop the bacon small pieces, cut the chicken small bites sizes and add it in, and the eggs at the end hut on half. Add the dressing with a spoon right before consuming it.
- In a medium bowl add mayonnaise, lemon, balsamic vinegar, parmesan cheese, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Mix everything well together and leave the dressing on the side.