Easy, freezer-friendly Breakfast Cheese Muffins – golden and crunchy on the outside and super moist and cheesy on the inside. The add-ins can be easily be customized with whatever you have in your fridge at the moment.
DELICIOUS BREAKFAST CHEESE MUFFINS RECIPE!
Cheesy breakfast muffins – packed with lots of flavors and delicious ingredients that everyone would love.
One of my favorite parts is that they can be made ahead, making them perfect for parties and a delicious Sunday morning breakfast with your family.
Why are these cheesy breakfast muffins so good?
They are super quick and super cheesy with ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen at the moment.
They can be made ahead and covered in plastic bags and freeze for up to 1 month. But they also stay moist for a couple of days after making them even if you don’t freeze.
Ingredients and substitutes used for these cheese muffins:
- cheeses: white cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella
- sour cream or greek yogurt
- olive oil
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
I used ham for this recipe, but you can either use bacon, pepperoni, or anything else that you have in your fridge.
If you are a mushroom lover, you can add some chopped precooked mushrooms to it.
Cooked spinach is also a great idea for this recipe; it gives so much flavor and color to the muffins.
Tips for making soft cheesy breakfast muffins
You can barely make a mistake when making these muffins as they are easy and fast to prepare, but I would like to share a couple of tips with you.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients into the dry while constantly whisking so there aren’t any lumps from the flour. But even if you have lumps, continue whisking for 30 seconds or so, and the batter will come together as needed. Note that every flour absorbs more or less moisture sometimes. You may find yourself adding a little bit more to thicken the batter.
- Add the cheddar cheese in the middle of the muffins and mix it with the batter.
- Cook them in a preheated oven and use the oven fan, not the grill of the oven.
- If the muffins get golden brown too fast, which depends on the oven, lower the temperature and cook for the rest of the time.
Savory Breakfast Cheese MuffinsCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
Easy, and freezer friendly cheddar cheese breakfast muffins. Crunchy on the outside and super moist on the inside.
- wet ingredients:
1 large egg
60ml sour cream or Greek yogurt
30ml vegetable oil
- dry ingredients:
300g all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
50g cheddar cheese
30g parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven on 360F/180C +fan
- Brush the muffin cups with melted butter and leave it on the side.
- In a medium bowl add all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk one egg until it gets like small bubbles on top then add milk, sour cream, and vegetable oil.
- Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry while whisking until everything gets smooth and incorporated.
- Then add all the add-ins: cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella, and ham. Gently mix everything once again.
- Start filling the muffin cups with 1 tbsp of the mixture in each of them then add the 1 or 2 slices or cheese in each of them.
- Add the rest of the batter on top of each muffin.
- Place the muffins to bake in a preheated oven anywhere from 20-25 minutes.