Spicy Pepperoni Bread Pizza – a quick and simple 15 minutes bread pizza topped with grated mozzarella and spicy pepperoni.
We don’t have time to cook long and complicated meals every day. But for sure we can find 20minutes to prepare something quick and delicious for the whole family.
This pizza toast is one of my all-time favorite quick meals.
I love making it for breakfast when I am running out of time or when I am too lazy to cook a long and complicated dinner. For breakfast, I like serving it with homemade garlicky sour cream or yogurt. And for dinner, I like serving it along with a big seasonal mixed salad bowl and feta cheese.
SIMPLE 20 MINUTE BREAD PIZZA RECIPE
Why is this pepperoni pizza bread so good?
- One thing that makes me prepare this spicy pepperoni pizza, again and again, is the spicy and cheesy flavors. Really, really close to the regular pizza but way healthier and with way fewer calories.
- The pepperoni and mozzarella combined are such a mouthwatering combination when baked together. have when baked and combined with the mozzarella. Mmmmmm, nothing better than that.
- It can be easily transformed with non-spicy flavors for kids. You can use any other kind of salami instead of pepperoni, or it can be only mozzarella and pizza sauce, so it’s actually not spicy for the kids.
Other pizza variations:
- A delicious topping is the white cheddar cheese and mozzarella. To make this recipe, you will first have to start with the grated cheddar cheese on top of the pizza sauce. Then put the toasts in the oven for a few minutes. Once the cheese is melted, take the pizza out of the oven, add 1 slice of mozzarella on each bread, a little bit of olive oil on top, and back in the oven for 1-2minutes.
- Try adding prosciutto instead of spicy pepperoni. The prosciutto is a perfect combination for pizza toast. You can bake it or add it on top of the pizza bread after baking.
- Add thin slices of parmesan on top after the pizza bread is finished baking.
Dietary versions of this recipe:
- If you like to have refreshing pizza. Bake the pizza bread as shown in the recipe below, just without the pepperoni. After taking it out of the oven, add arugula on top, a couple of cherry tomatoes, and parmesan.
- To make vegetarian pizza bread add sliced mushrooms, olives, green peppers, sliced onions, and tomato sauce. Remember that as the bread will be cooked quickly in the oven, it is best to pan fry the mushrooms, peppers, and onions before baking.
Bread Pizza – with Spicy Pepperoni and Cheddar CheeseCourse: Bread and pastryCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
A quick and simple 15 minutes bread pizza breakfast topped with tomato sauce, grated cheese, spicy pepperoni, and oregano.
8 slices brown bread
8 tbsp pizza sauce
260g / 2 cups grated mozzarella or white cheddar cheese
16 slices of pepperoni
2 tsp of oregano
- Preheat the grill of your oven on 370F/190C.
- Put the bread on a baking sheet and add 1 spoonful of pizza sauce on each toast and spread with the back of the spoon to the corners.
- Top the mozzarella on the pizza sauce, add the pepperoni, and a pinch of oregano on top of each pizza toast.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.