One of the most basic and guilt-free ice cream that you can eat a full bowl of – only 3 ingredients banana ice cream recipe. The perfect treat for these hot summer days.
MY FAVORITE BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE
We all want something light and refreshing in the summer days, especially when the temperature goes up every day! This creamy banana cream would be a perfect treat to have!
Plus, you will be shocked when you see how easy and straightforward it is to make. No fancy gadgets and not a lot of ingredients; you only need a blender, banana, and milk 🙂
Does banana ice creamr taste like any other regular ice cream?
Yes, it does! You can still taste the banana, but the richness and creaminess that we are aiming for are still there:) It reminds of the milky ice cream that we are buying in the summer, but this one is the healthiest version possible 🙂
Ingredients you need to make banana ice cream recipe:
Banana ice cream is known for having only simple ingredients, so here are the best ingredients to get the most delicious banana ice cream recipe:
- frozen bananas – preferably ripe because they are sweeter and add a lot more flavor
- milk – it’s better to use condensed milk, but any other would be fine.
- chocolate – preferably dark chocolate, but it can be used any other chocolate
How to freeze bananas?
I have frozen so many bananas, as I am making Chocolate Banana Smoothie almost every day, so I found that the best and easiest way to freeze the banana is:
– Peel the banana and cut the banana into coins. Add it to a ziplock bag and freeze for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
How to make this creamy homemade banana ice cream recipe?
Start by freezing the bananas, preferably ripe, because they are sweeter, so you wouldn’t need any additional sweeteners.
Peel the bananas before freezing, otherwise they can’t be peeled once they are frozen. So, cut each banana into 5-6 slices and transfer those in a ziplock bag.
After they are fully frozen (4-5h), transfer the bananas into a food processor or blender, add the milk and maple syrup, and blend at low speed.
So when we talk about freezing, banana ice cream has a soft-serve immediately after it’s blended in the food processor. So, it can be enjoyed like that, and it would still be delicious. But what I usually like to do is: Transfer the ice cream into an ice cream bowl, add some chopped chocolate on the top, cover it with a lid, and straight in the fridge for another 1h, or until I decide to have one.
Different banana ice cream recipe flavors:
There are tons of different flavors that can be combined with banana, here are a couple of others that we also enjoy:
- Caramel banana and walnuts – if you like caramel, I have a delicious ice cream treat for you. This flavor is as easy to make as the regular banana ice cream. You will make the banana ice cream, and when blending, add 3 tbsp caramel. Plus, some more before serving and adding a little bit of crunchiness, adding some walnuts is a great idea. I like to make the ice cream without any flavor, just the banana and milk, and add the flavors when serving so everyone can decide what they want.
- Peanut butter banana ice cream – for this peanut butter flavor, add 2 tbsp peanut butter when blending and follow all the other steps in the instructions down below.
- For Strawberry banana ice cream, the strawberries have to be frozen like the banana and just added before blending.
Banana Ice Cream Recipe – 3 Ingredients OnlyCourse: DessertsCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
Banana ice cream recipe made with 3 simple ingredients – banana, milk, and chocolate. A perfect and refreshment for these hot summer days.
4 ripe bananas
200g / 7 oz condensed milk
170g / 1 cup of chocolate chips
2 tbsp coconut sugar
5 tbsp maple syrup
- Peel the bananas cut them into coins, put them in a ziplock bag, and freeze for 5h or overnight.
- Once the bananas are frozen, put them in a blender or food processor, add the milk and maple syrup in and blend until you get a smooth consistency. If you are using a blender, be careful because it will blend the bananas so much faster than the food processor ( but it all depends on the speed that your blender/food processor has), I recommend using the lowest speed for best results.
- Once the bananas are blended and smooth, transfer them in an ice cream bowl. Add the chocolate chips on top and cover a lid or plastic wrap.
- Transfer the ice cream bowl in the fridge, preferably on 64F / 18C, and leave it overnight or until you decide to have one.