Crispy baked chicken nuggets that melt in your mouth. They are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Prepared with simple ingredients for a delicious meal in 30 minutes.
A hundred times better and less in calories than eating restaurant bought chicken nuggets. And they are not even close to the taste that these homemade ones have. They are freezer-friendly, so you can prepare them before and bake them whenever you decide to have one 🙂
And both adults and kids love them. Just combine them with fresh seasonal salad, and you will have a healthy meal in around 30 minutes.
Ingredients for baked baked chicken nuggets:
- Freshly toasted breadcrumbs, either homemade or store-bought, to give some extra crispiness to the chicken nuggets.
- Nugget sized chopped boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Eggs and flour used for crumbling the chicken
- Olive oil to wash or spray the nuggets on top before baking
- Salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper for seasoning
The secret for homemade crispy baked chicken nuggets
1. We all know that having good quality breadcrumbs is essential for crispy chicken nuggets. Breadcrumbs are easy to prepare from scratch, but store-bought ones are just as fine. It is necessary to bake them before, so the chicken gets some extra crispiness.
2. Another important thing is having your oven preheated once you put the chicken nuggets to bake.
3. Last, cooking them on a wire rack to give them some extra crispiness is always good but not essential.
What other to sauces to serve with
- 3 ingredients only buffalo dipping sauce – sour cream (or greek yogurt), buffalo wing sauce, and black pepper
- honey mustard sauce made with mayonnaise, mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper
Garlic parmesan dipping sauce, plus mayonnaise, lemon juice, basil, salt, and black pepper
Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets In Greek Yogurt DipCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
Crispy on the outside but tender on the inside – baked chicken nuggets.
500g/ 1pound boneless skinless chicken breast
2 large eggs
200g / 2 cups breadcrumbs
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp salt
2 grated pickles
- Preheat the oven on 380 degrees F / 200 degrees C
- Add the breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and spread out even layer and spray oil on top.
- Bake them in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the breadcrumbs are toasting cut the chicken breast into nugget sized pieces.
- Once the breadcrumbs are golden brown remove them from the oven and transfer them in a medium bowl.
- Add black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and the breadcrumbs. Mix everything well together.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs. And in a separate shallow dish add all-purpose flour any flour that you have in your kitchen.
- Dip each chicken nugget in the four first. And then dip them in the egg mixture. Toss them in the breadcrumbs and roll them until they are completely coated with an even layer.
- Transfer the pieces into a wire rack or baking pan and spray or wash them with oil on top. Bake in preheated oven 380F/190C for 15-20minutes.
- Grate the pickles and miz them together with the mayo.