Crispy baked chicken nuggets that melt in your mouth. They are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Prepared with simple ingredients for a delicious meal in 30 minutes.
A hundred times better and less in calories than eating restaurant bought chicken nuggets. And they are not even close to the taste that these homemade ones have. They are freezer-friendly, so you can prepare them before and bake them whenever you decide to have one 🙂
And both adults and kids love them. Just combine them with fresh seasonal salad, and you will have a healthy meal in around 30 minutes.
Ingredients for baked baked chicken nuggets:
- Freshly toasted breadcrumbs, either homemade or store-bought, to give some extra crispiness to the chicken nuggets.
- Nugget sized chopped boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Eggs and flour used for crumbling the chicken
- Olive oil to wash or spray the nuggets on top before baking
- Salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper for seasoning
The secret for homemade crispy baked chicken nuggets
1. We all know that having good quality breadcrumbs is essential for crispy chicken nuggets. Breadcrumbs are easy to prepare from scratch, but store-bought ones are just as fine. It is necessary to bake them before, so the chicken gets some extra crispiness.
2. Another important thing is having your oven preheated once you put the chicken nuggets to bake.
3. Last, cooking them on a wire rack to give them some extra crispiness is always good but not essential.
What other to sauces to serve with
- 3 ingredients only buffalo dipping sauce – sour cream (or greek yogurt), buffalo wing sauce, and black pepper
- honey mustard sauce made with mayonnaise, mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper
Garlic parmesan dipping sauce, plus mayonnaise, lemon juice, basil, salt, and black pepper