This crispy baked cauliflower steak recipe is topped with your favorite marinara sauce and grated parmesan cheese. The cauliflower steaks taste like chicken parm, and they are just as crispy!
Crispy Cauliflower Steak With Parmesan
If you’ve been looking for different ways how to cook your cauliflower, I got you covered! This baked cauliflower steak recipe with parmesan will be ready in just 30 minutes, and you won’t need any special ingredients besides the parmesan.
Everything comes together in a few easy steps! Salt the cauliflower, and let it while you prepare the breading. Bread the steaks, bake, and enjoy!
Yes, it’s that easy!
What goes into baked cauliflower steak
To make these cauliflower steaks, you’ll need: cauliflower, your favorite marinara, and parmesan. For breading the steaks: flour, egg, breadcrumbs, and seasonings.
How to cut cauliflower steaks?
Depending on the size of the cauliflower, you can get up to 2-3 steaks. With these simple instructions, you’ll be able to cut cauliflower steaks quickly and easily:
- Wash and clean the cauliflower from the leaves.
- Carefully cut through the middle of the cauliflower.
- Take one of the cauliflower parts, and cut from the part closest to the core 2-3cm/1inch steaks. Repeat this with the second piece of cauliflower.
You can turn the leftover cauliflower into florets, bread them and top them with marinara and parm as well. Or make sauteed cauliflower florets in tomato sauce.
Breading cauliflower steaks
Once you cut the cauliflower into steaks, season it with salt and let it rest while we prep the rest of the ingredients for the breading.
In one shallow bowl add the flour, whisked egg in another, and the breadcrumbs along with the spices in the last bowl. Take one steak and coat it in the flour mixture. Then dip it on both sides in the egg mixture, making sure to coat it evenly.
Finally, transfer the steak into the breadcrumbs mixed with spices, and coat it well on both sides. Sometimes I even like sprinkling some of the breadcrumb mixture on the steaks and patting them tightly with my hands for a crispier texture. Repeat the same with the rest of the steaks.
Baked Cauliflower Parmesan Steaks
The tomato sauce and the parmesan on these breaded cauliflower steaks are obligatory, though, as they really make this recipe special and complement the dish perfectly.
Bake the breaded steaks in preheated oven at 210C/410F, for 15 minutes, then turn them on the other side and bake for another 10 minutes. Once this is done, add a little bit of the grated parmesan over the steaks, then spoon the marinara and finish with the rest of the parmesan.
Bake for another 5 minutes or until the parm gets golden brown.
What to serve with baked cauliflower steak?
Serve these roasted cauliflower steaks on the side with quinoa and couscous. I like to cook the couscous or quinoa plain and then add parsley, lemon, and seasonings.
A big bowl of salad works just as well and gives a great balance to the meal.
You’ll also love to try:
Veggie Lentil Burgers
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
Baked Cauliflower Steak
- 2-3 cauliflower steaks
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 large egg
- 50 g 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp BBQ spice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of pepper
- 4-5 tbsp marinara or tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan
- olive oil for brushing the steaks
- Cut the cauliflower steaks, season them with salt on both sides, and let them sit for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime Preheat the oven to 210C/410F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and brush the parchment with olive oil.
- In a shallow bowl add the flour, in another shallow bowl whisk the egg, and finally in another shallow bowl mix the breadcrumbs with the spices.
- Add the steaks one by one, first coat them on both sides in the flour, and transfer them into the egg mixture. At the end, transfer each steak into the mixed breadcrumb mixture and coat them well on both sides.
- Place the steaks on the baking paper and lightly drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes on one side, then flip the steaks and bake on another for 10 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven, spoon the marinara on top and sprinkle the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- You can use your favorite tomato sauce or marinara to top over the steaks.
- To keep the steaks crispy add a little bit of parmesan directly to the breaded and baked steaks then add the marinara and finish with the rest of the parmesan cheese.
Leave a Reply