Quick on the go breakfast sandwich filled with omelet egg, thin slices of avocado and tomato, feta cheese, and crunchy toasted bread. Once you try this avocado egg sandwich, it will become your go-to breakfast whenever you are running out of time, but you still want to have something healthy and delicious on the plate.
10 MINUTE BREAKFAST AVOCADO EGG SANDWICH
Breakfasts don’t always have to be long and complicated to prepare, especially on a busy workday where we want something delicious, but that’s not going to take us so long to make.
I have been making this sandwich for so long for my boyfriend and me. But I never realized that I was coming back on this one every time I had only 10 minutes to prepare something!
So here it is, my favorite quick breakfast on the go: avocado egg sandwich. If I don’t have avocado on hand, I usually switch the avocado with crunchy cooked bacon or ham. I will also include more filling ideas in the sections below.
Why you will love this delish avocado egg sandwich?
- It’s full of protein and nutrition from the bread, egg, and avocado
- It fills up with energy and proper nutrition – to set us up for the day!
- It takes around 10 minutes to prepare, and once you master the technique, it might get even less than that! – Which makes it the breakfast lunch for a busy morning!
- Kids love it!
How to fry the egg for this sandwich?
Some people find it difficult when it comes to frying the egg, so here are some tips and best practices about the easiest way to make it:
- In a medium bowl, whisk two eggs.
- Add some oil to a pan over medium heat and wait for the oil to get hot. Then pour the eggs over, and season with salt and pepper. Also, I like to add some Vegeta (which is vegetable-based seasoning, it adds so much flavor to the eggs I use it almot in every meal). Leave the eggs on one side for 1 minute, and then with a kitchen spatula, turn them on the other side for another minute.
Other sandwich filling ideas!
- Bacon and cheddar cheese sandwich (cut the bacon into small pieces and fry it with the egg or fry long thin slices separated).
- Egg Salad Sandwich using this salad: Egg Salad – Mediterranean Style – With this filling, toast the bread and fill with the salad. It makes delicious if there are some veggies like a thin sliced tomato as well. – If you have leftover boiled eggs, this is the best way to use them.
- Pan-fried whole egg sandwich – just fried eggs and added on a crispy slice of bacon.
Can this avocado egg sandwich be made ahead of time?
-Ahhh, yes, and not. Actually, it depends on how long that ahead of time is. Using the avocado doesn’t give this sandwich to be prepared a lot ahead of time. It will stay fresh and flavorful for up to an hour but not more than that because the avocado will start browning, and the tomato will start the release the juices.
If you are looking for something that can be stored in the fridge, there’s more inspiration in the heading above.
Breakfast Avocado Egg Sandwich
- 8 slices bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 4 medium slices feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp Vegeta
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 slices of brown bread
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Add oil in a nonstick pan and put it over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk two eggs. Once the oil gets hot, add the eggs in—season with the salt and Vegeta.
- Leave them to fry for 1 minute without whisking. Then with a kitchen spatula, turn it to cook on the other side for another minute.
- Slice the avocado and tomato on thin slices.
- Toast the bread on a bread toaster.
- Then start to assemble. Cut the egg on two and fold both halves to the size of the bread.
- Add the egg to the bread. Add the slices feta cheese on top, and then add the sliced avocado and spoon the lemon juice on top and add tomato over, season with some salt, and put the other sliced of bread on top.